Cranbrook House was designed by Detroit architect Albert Kahn in 1908 for the founders of Cranbrook, George Gough Booth and Ellen Scripps Booth, and served as their family home for 40 years. The estate is now the centerpiece of the Cranbrook Educational Community campus, a National Historic Landmark.
Designed in the English Arts and Crafts-style, Cranbrook House is the oldest surviving manor home in metro Detroit. The Booths commissioned the finest artisans, craftsmen and studios of the period to furnish the house with handcrafted furniture, tapestries, tiles, stained and leaded glass, and other works of fine and decorative art.
Guided tours of the historic manor home are provided by Cranbrook House & Gardens Auxiliary volunteers from June through October and during other select times throughout the year.