For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors and to preserve our historic site, please be respectful of our policies during your visit.
- All dogs are required to be on a leash and cleaned up after while on campus. Dog owners will be asked to leave campus if they cannot produce a leash. The leash policy is a Bloomfield Hills ordinance. Only service animals are permitted inside Cranbrook House and the Sunken Garden.
- Do not touch the sculptures, fountains, artifacts or other artwork.
- Do not climb on any sculptures, fountains, trees or walls.
- Hammocks are not permitted.
- Do not feed or disturb the wildlife.
- Do not touch the plant life - smelling is permitted!
- Do not enter any fountains, pools, streams, ponds or lakes.
- Fishing is not permitted.
- No bicycling, rollerblading, skateboarding, skiing, etc.
- No frisbees or other outdoor games.
- No sunbathing, picnicking, or littering.
- Please play any music or other audio through headphones only.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- Please supervise children at all times.
- No yelling or use of vulgar language.
- Outside food or drink is not permitted.
- No alcohol may be brought onto the premises.
- Smoking, e-cigarettes, or similar devices are not permitted.
- Please stay with your docent during guided tours of Cranbrook House.
All professional portrait photography (senior portraits, engagements, weddings, headshots, family portraits, and other special occasions) must be booked through our Portait Photography webpage.
While on the grounds, visitors may be photographed by Cranbrook House & Gardens photographers. All photos taken within the grounds of Cranbrook House & Gardens by Cranbrook House & Gardens photographers become the property of Cranbrook House & Gardens and may be used for the purpose of promoting Cranbrook House & Gardens and the Cranbrook Educational Community.